- Web/EDI based document exchange between TESCO and their suppliers
- The electronic sending of business documents (e.g. purchase orders, invoices, inventory reports) through the TIMS application substitutes the sending of such documents using regular methods (by fax, post, in person), including the control of their acceptance by the recipient - this is enabled by monitoring and recording all events performed in the system.
- TIMS covers communication with all TESCO
- large - EDI or XML
- medium - XML download or html transaction
- small - html transaction
- Events are alerted to users via SMTP or SMS
- TIMS is implemented in the environment of a powerful and robust IBM WebSphere Application Server. It uses progressive modern IBM technologies for working with electronic documents.